Author: Ben Campbell
Binify is a small utility which produces binary files from text
The use of text to specify binary files has a number of things going
Read the Documentation
- Text files are easier to create manually (just use a text editor)
- Can be easier to diagnose broken files in text format than binary
- Many version control systems handle text files much better than
- You can take advantage of existing tools for manipulating text
files (eg shell scripts, perl)
- Text files are human readable - binary files can be hard to
understand without writing specific tools to interpret them
Hosted on SourceForge. See the Project Page.
The latest version is 0.2
Download files from here.
Or better still, get the latest code via CVS.